The Board has made every effort to include the information you need to apply for licensure on this website. You can visit our Help Center, FAQs and Resources page for frequently asked questions, links, forms, applications and other helpful information. If you have additional questions about your renewal process, please contact a renewal specialist.
Licensees of the Florida Board of Acupuncture are required to renew their licenses biennially in order to maintain the right to practice. To learn more about the renewal process select the appropriate tab below.
Click on the appropriate tab below to see the Renewal Requirements, Process, Fees and Continuing Education (CE) for an Acupuncturist.
Current licenses expire at midnight, Eastern Time, on February 28, 2024.
To ensure you receive your renewal notification from the department, your current mailing address must be on file. Failure to renew an active or inactive license by the expiration date will result in the license being placed in delinquent status. Failure by a delinquent licensee to renew before the expiration of the current licensure cycle renders the license null and void without any further action by the board or the department.
A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reactivate the license may be required to demonstrate the competency to resume active practice by sitting for a special purpose examination or by completing other reactivation requirements.
Licensees requesting to reactivate their license from inactive or retired status are required to pay additional fees and comply with specific continuing education requirements. Please contact the board office at email@example.com to request your reactivation requirements.
If you are reactivating your license, please refer to the Laws & Rules governing your practice for additional requirements.
The department will renew your license upon receipt of:
- Completed renewal application
- Required fees
To receive an exemption from the renewal requirements, please provide a copy of your orders which provides the beginning and end date of your current enlistment or a copy of your spouse’s orders. If you are a Commissioned Officer, you may provide a letter from your commanding officer that reflects the length of your contract with a beginning and end date to fulfill this requirement.
At least 90 days before your license expires, the department will mail you a renewal notification postcard to your last known mailing address of record. You will have until midnight on the day your license expires to renew. Failure to renew an active or inactive license by the expiration date will result in the license being placed in delinquent status. Failure by a delinquent licensee to become active or inactive before the expiration of the current licensure cycle renders the license null and void without any further action by the board or the department.
|You may RENEW ONLINE if:|
- You do not need to change the status of your license.
- You have a credit card/debit card to complete the transaction.
- Your license status is not ‘Military, Active’.
- If you are renewing your license after the expiration date and your status still indicates ’Clear/Active’ or ‘Clear/Inactive’ , you will be assessed a delinquency fee. The delinquency fee will be in addition to your renewal fees.
- If your license was ‘Delinquent, Active’ or ‘Delinquent, Inactive’ before the renewal deadline, it will be moved to ‘Null and Void’ status after the renewal deadline and you should contact your board office for instruction.
- Go to www.flhealthsource.gov and click the “Renew A License” button.
- Enter your Personal Identifying Information (PII), then click the Login button.
- Confirm or update your MQA Services Account email address, then click the “Continue” button.
- You are now in the Dashboard. During renewals, a “Renew My License” option will populate no later than 90 days prior to your license expiration date. (Note: If you do not see the “Renew My License” option, please check back at a later time.)
*** If the “PII Failed” screen displays, click the “Other Login Option” button and enter your existing User ID and password to access your account.***
If your license is Delinquent/Active or Delinquent/Inactive you may still renew prior to the renewal deadline. The following actions must be taken prior to renewing your license:
- Prior to renewing your license, you must report your continuing education (CE) hours to the Department of Health’s tracking system.
- To renew a delinquent license, you will need to report your CE hours for your current cycle, as well as your previous cycle.
- If you did not complete CE courses in your last renewal cycle, you may complete them now and report them to the CE tracking system.
- To report course completion, log onto your MQA Online Account. From your dashboard, go to “Additional Activities” and select Report CE/CME.
Please note, when renewing your license, a delinquent fee will be assessed in addition to all applicable renewal fees.
|You may RENEW BY MAIL if:|
- You need to change the status of your license.
- You need to pay using a cashier’s check or money order.
- You do NOT have a credit card/debit card to complete the transaction.
- You need to request a name change
- Your license is in ‘Military, Active’ status.
Information for requesting a Name Change
Name changes require legal documentation showing the name change. Please submit a request including your full name as it appears on your license, profession, license number, your new name, your date of birth, the last four digits of your social security number, and your signature. Attach supporting documents, which must be one of the following:
- a copy of a state issued marriage license that includes the original signature and seal from the clerk of the court
- a divorce decree showing the name change
- a court order showing the name change (Adoption, legal name change, federal identity change)
Any one of these will be accepted unless the department has a question about the authenticity of the document. A social security card is not considered legal documentation.
Please Note: The last four digits of the SSN are requested as required by DOH Policy Number DOHP 385-LS05-12 Name Changes for Existing Licensees, which was established for security purposes due to past instances of fraudulent activity.
Certified check or money order should be made payable to the Florida Department of Health.
If renewing BEFORE your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active to Active||$280.00|
|Inactive to Inactive||$155.00|
|Active to Inactive||$155.00|
|Inactive to Active||$555.00|
|Active to Retired||$55.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$55.00|
If renewing AFTER your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active to Active||$480.00|
|Inactive to Inactive||$355.00|
|Active to Inactive||$555.00|
|Inactive to Active||$955.00|
|Active to Retired||$455.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$455.00|
If renewing 120 day Notified Delinquent, your fees will be:
|Active to Active||$760.00|
|Inactive to Inactive||$510.00|
|Active to Inactive||$510.00|
|Inactive to Active||$1,035.00|
|Active to Retired||$535.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$410.00|
Licenses that expired February 28, 2022 become Null & Void1 on March 1, 2024.
By submitting the appropriate renewal fees to the department, a licensee acknowledges compliance with all requirements for renewal, including continuing education.
A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reactivate the license may be required to demonstrate competency to resume active practice by sitting for a special purpose examination or by completing other reactivation requirements.
1Null & Void -The licensed practitioner failed to renew their licensure status for two renewal cycles, resulting in their license expiring.
Continuing Education (CE) Requirements
To locate board approved CE Courses for this profession, please click here
|REQUIRED SUBJECT AREA||REQUIRED NUMBER OF HOURS||IMPORTANT INFORMATION|
|Laws and Rules||2|
|Biomedical Sciences||5||CE programs relating to lab testing and imaging findings will be considered as biomedical sciences|
|Medical Error||2||Must be Board Approved|
First Biennium Renewal: Licensed Acupuncturist renewing a license for the first time are only required to complete 2 hours of medical errors and 3 hours of HIV/AIDS.
Board Rule Approved Providers
- Florida Board approved courses can be found at www.cebroker.com;
- Organized courses of study sponsored by a national or state acupuncture and/or oriental medicine organization that is registered with the Board.
- Organized courses of study sponsored by an accredited acupuncture and/or oriental medicine school that is registered with the Board.
Other Methods of Obtaining Continuing Education per Biennium
- Two hours of continuing education credit on Chapters 456 and 457, F.S. and the rules promulgated by this board. Each licensee may satisfy this requirement by attending a complete board meeting at which another licensee is disciplined, or by providing an expert opinion without compensation, in a standard of care disciplinary case or by serving as a member of the probable cause panel
- Persons who teach at programs approved for continuing education credit may claim 3 hours of continuing education credit for each hour of lecture, not to exceed nine hours of continuing education credit per biennium.
- No continuing education credit shall be granted to a school faculty member merely as credit for his regular teaching assignments.
- Credit hours are not retroactive or cumulative. All credit hours must be earned within the biennium for which they are claimed
Click on Chapter or Section Number to View
Florida Administrative Code